Want to do things a little differently when it comes to menus and presentation? Tapenade, one of the country’s top event caterers shares this year’s hottest trends:
- Gourmet Comfort Food – We’ve seen a rise in brides asking for refined comfort food like mac ‘n’ cheese or pie & mash.
- Food Trucks – This festival wedding theme is going from strength to strength.
- DIY Food & Drink Stations – Shake a cocktail or build your own burgers.
- Pairing & Sharing – Serving a selection of mini pairings such as oysters and mini bloody marys is growing more popular.
- Mix & Match Crockery – Shabby chic meets DIY weddings.
- International Menus – More couples are asking for international dishes like African, Persian and Middle Eastern.
- Takeaway Table Decorations – From mini potted plants to little packs of seeds as wedding favours.
- Locally Sourced – From farm to fork; guests like to know they’re eating local.