We catch up with two dapper and suave gentlemen about the lengths they go to to make their clients happy, and the things they’d take with them on a desert island…
1) How did you come up with your business idea?
We both love accessorising our outfits and found it hard to find something unique at a reasonable price. On a country walk in March 2016 we decided to teach ourselves to sew!
2) How would you describe your style?
Our style is Dapper and Suave; vintage meets high street; classic style from a capsule wardrobe.
3) Who, in the public eye, suits your brand the most and why?
We believe our brand is ageless and genderless, so it’s hard to pick one person. For us it’s about each individual, and how they’ve decided to use our accessories.
4) What’s the craziest thing you’ve done in the name of love?
We spent two days travelling around Sussex and Surrey to find a fabric to colour match a bridesmaid dress to create lapel pins, pocket squares, tiara and baby’s bib!
5) What tune do you put on to get you ready for the day?
Diamonds – Josef Salvat
6) What’s the best thing about working for yourself?
We love being able to embrace our creativity, and using new skills to give vintage and high street fabric finds a new life.
7) What do you love most about weddings?
It’s really exciting being part of a couple’s journey, helping them choose a fabric and designing their accessories. We love getting to meet new people; seeing photos of their special day or receiving thank you notes just add to the whole experience.
8) What three items would you take with you on a desert island?
Our two cats, Kiki & Raja and an endless supply of Prosecco!
9) If you could take anyone, who would you invite as your plus one to a wedding?
We wouldn’t be Dapper without Suave, Suave without Dapper
10) What one piece of advice would you give to couples planning their wedding?
Do Well, Live Well and Dress Really Well!