Katrina from Forget Me Not Designs (on the Isle of Wight) talks to us about 50s styling, lace lace and more lace… and why you should never scrimp on the dress.
1) How did you come up with your business idea?
Forget me Not started out as a typical bridal boutique, selling dresses from bought in designers. We always made bespoke dresses for clients as well. After our own brand became well established we chose to sell only our own label gowns which are all made to order on the premises, which is what sets our store apart.
2) How would you describe your style?
Modern vintage with lace, lace and more lace.
3) Who, in the public eye, suits your brand the most and why?
Helen George from Call the Midwife. She can wear 50’s styling with aplomb and would look amazing in lots of our gowns.
4) What’s the craziest thing you’ve done in the name of love?
White water rafting in Bali.
5) What tune do you put on to get you ready for the day?
Anything by Coldplay
6) What’s the best thing about working for yourself?
Hmmm … every day brings a new challenge and there is never a dull moment.
7) What do you love most about weddings?
When a bride finds the right dress after searching and her face is a picture of excitement and happiness
8) What three items would you take with you on a desert island?
Practical Survival kit would be – toothbrush, knife and sun cream.
9) If you could take anyone, who would you invite as your plus one to a wedding?
Prince Harry because he is funny, cheeky, rich and knows all about etiquette.
10) What one piece of advice would you give to couples planning their wedding?
You can save money on all sorts of extras but make sure the bride gets to wear the dress of her dreams. If her head rules her heart because of the price tag, she will never forget the dress she really wanted.
Photos taken from the Forget Me Not Facebook page