We hear from Karen and Vince from Vinnie’s Vintage Vehicles about nostalgia, pastels and Jamie Oliver!
1) How did you come up with your business idea?
We bought a rusty old split screen camper van with money from redundancy and had it fully restored. After the restoration we took “Sleepy Jean” to a car show and had lots of people asking if we’d hire her out for wedding transport – so it was the public who actually gave us the inspiration for our wedding transport business. We now have 2 splitties and 2 classic Beetles!
2) How would you describe your style?
We’re nostalgic, fun and mainly pastel, with a large amount of ‘VW’ness going on.
3) Who, in the public eye, suits your brand the most and why?
Erm, that’s a hard one! Jamie Oliver has a splitty and is a family guy so would be our perfect groom! On condition that he cooked up the wedding breakfast though!
4) What’s the craziest thing you’ve done in the name of love?
Bought a rusty camper van!
5) What tune do you put on to get you ready for the day?
Day Dream Believer by The Monkees of course!
6) What’s the best thing about working for yourself?
Being free spirited people, we love the flexibility of our working week, and if we need to call a board meeting it would be down on the beach 🙂
7) What do you love most about weddings?
For us, we could be driving to a barn one wedding, a castle the next, and then to a wedding festival. There’s so much variety and every wedding is different.
8) What three items would you take with you on a desert island?
Our camper van, some egg laying chickens, and Jamie Oliver!
9) If you could take anyone, who would you invite as your plus one to a wedding?
You guessed it … Jamie Oliver!
10) What one piece of advice would you give to couples planning their wedding?
Set a realistic budget, keep to your budget, and focus on the people you love.