We speak to Louise Allison about her bridal label Louise Rose Couture; fifties styling for the less traditional bride…
1) How did you come up with your business idea?
I’ve always loved how glamorous women looked in the fifties and how the styles flatter women of all shapes, sizes and ages, so this inspired the style of my brand. I started off offering fifties-style day dresses and then re-launched my business, offering bridal and occasion wear with support from the Princes Trust when I discovered a love for all things wedding!
2) How would you describe your style?
Fifties styling for real women, offering bridal wear in customisable designs for the less traditional bride!
3) Who, in the public eye, suits your brand the most and why?
I think I would have to go for Dita Von Teese, she has an incredible modern vintage style and I would love the opportunity to create a dress for her!
4) What’s the craziest thing you’ve done in the name of love?
Walked all the steps to the top of the Eiffel Tower when I’m terrified of heights! It was totally worth it thought because my now-husband proposed once we made it to the top!
5) What tune do you put on to get you ready for the day?
I do love a bit of electro-swing to get me in the mood for the day!
6) What’s the best thing about working for yourself?
I love the creative freedom it gives me & seeing a bride light up when she puts on her finished dress is the best feeling, that’s what drives me to do what I do!
7) What do you love most about weddings?
Allllll the pretty things, I never get bored of looking at all the beautiful styling ideas that couples come up with! The best thing about designing and making each dress to order means that I can chat to the bride about the overall look for their day and incorporate little details into the dress to make it truly individual to them – details matter!
8) What three items would you take with you on a desert island?
My husband (he’s practical as well as handsome!), a swiss army knife and a lifetime supply of chocolate!
9) If you could take anyone, who would you invite as your plus one to a wedding?
Oh that’s a tough one, but I’ll go with Johnny Depp – I’m a big fan of all of his films, especially Alice in Wonderland! Every wedding needs a bit of Alice-esque in my opinion!
10) What one piece of advice would you give to couples planning their wedding?
Enjoy it! Don’t lose sight of why you are getting married and get hung up on the small things!