We speak to Maddy and Ryan from The Tipsy Tuk about Michael McIntyre, inflatable flamingos and living their dream in a boozy haze…
1) How did you come up with your business idea?
While we were travelling in Sri Lanka there were tuk tuks everywhere, and all sorts of goodies being sold from the back of them. We loved the idea and so the Tipsy Tuk was born…
2) How would you describe your style?
2 parts quirky, 1 part chic, with a dash of fun for good measure. Shaken not stirred.
3) Who, in the public eye, suits your brand the most and why?
Oooh, that’s a difficult one. Probably…Michael McIntyre. He’s fun and energetic, yet suave and sophisticated – just like the Tipsy Tuk.
4) What’s the craziest thing you’ve done in the name of love?
Our craziest thing is still happening…We both made a pact to give it our all in order to live the life of adventure we’ve always wanted. The Tipsy Tuk gave us the opportunity to make the dream a reality!
5) What tune do you put on to get you ready for the day?
Mr Blue Sky – Electric Light Orchestra. It’s such a feel good tune to start your day right and keeps your hopes up for that rare British blue sky!
6) What’s the best thing about working for yourself?
Having the freedom to make our own decisions and the pride that you have created something that others can enjoy. When you work for yourself, the sky truly is the limit.
7) What do you love most about weddings?
THE CAKE! Erm… yeah, definitely the cake.
And also, the dancing until your feet fall off and just having a good time.
8) What three items would you take with you on a desert island?
A crate of beer, bottle opener and an inflatable flamingo … because why not?!
9) If you could take anyone, who would you invite as your plus one to a wedding?
If we couldn’t chose each other… We’d take Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. He could pick us both up at the same time to do the Dirty Dancing lift! And he’s lovely!
10) What one piece of advice would you give to couples planning their wedding?
Do it for you. And what you want. Don’t let anyone persuade you otherwise. It’s your moment, just the two of you.